[SOLVED] How much cooler is the ray tracing rtx technology in games ?

bniknafs9

Honorable
Jan 21, 2019
my current card is an old 1080 water cooled , and i absolutely don't have the money to replace it with one with ray tracing . so i was wondering , if the people have seen it what is it like ?

Solution
It depends on the game. As of now the majority use it for some reflections and shadows but you have to really look to see it. My opinion though is it will take a generation or two for better adoption and better performance at higher resolutions.

However if nVidia can pull it off it would be a major boon to gaming graphics fidelity since RT is what movies have been using for a very long time and why 3D animated movies have such smooth looking characters sans aliasing.
It depends on the game. As of now the majority use it for some reflections and shadows but you have to really look to see it. My opinion though is it will take a generation or two for better adoption and better performance at higher resolutions.

However if nVidia can pull it off it would be a major boon to gaming graphics fidelity since RT is what movies have been using for a very long time and why 3D animated movies have such smooth looking characters sans aliasing.

Solution