[SOLVED] How much cost a laptop with these specs?

fra9618

Prominent
May 7, 2020
How much cost a new or even used laptop with these specs? Can you tell me some models?

Quad-core CPU:Intel Core i5 6400, 2,7 Ghz (3,3 Ghz with Turbo Boost)
PSU: 180 W (which came with the PC when I bought it)
RAM: 16 GB (dual channel , DDR4, 1064 MhZ of frequency for each one)
SSD: 250GB

I know my CPU is not compatible with laptops, so I'm asking for a correspondig laptop CPU with 2,7/3,3 Ghz

I've made music production for the last 3 years with my pre-built, Lenovo ideacentre 300-20ish desktop computer (the only thing is that it has 1 T HD, it doesn't have SSD, but If I want to buy a new laptop I want an SSD). Even though my PC is pre-built, this is a great music production setup. So I'm looking for a laptop with the same "power".

Solution
Newegg is a very reliable web site to order from.
Newegg's Marketplace (other stores using Newegg's store front) is much less reliable.
People often make the mistake of thinking they're purchasing from Newegg when actually, they're purchasing from a Newegg Marketplace Seller. The video does not clearly state they they were dealing with Newegg directly.
The video does state that the laptop was refurbished, so wear and tear is to be expected. Refurbished only means that the laptop has been tested/repaired and is functional. Aesthetic damage that does not inhibit functionality can be expected.
Due to COVID-19, Newegg does not, currently, ship to Italy, but they do have a site for when this is over.
For computers in general, Dell is one of...

fra9618

Prominent
May 7, 2020
Newegg Laptop Listings
Intel Core I7 processor
at least 12GB of RAM
at least 256GB SSD

Refurbished Dell systems are starting at around $500 US

-Wolf sends
Thank you for your answer! I'm italian so I had never heard about Newegg.com since your message. So, I searched some information on google and youtube and this is the first video I found. If you skeep to minute 3.00 you can see that the laptop is a bit damaged:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IMcAAR5s14

Is this website reliable? Do they normally (not during the pandemic) deliver stuff to Italy? What do you think about refurbished stuff from Microcenter.com? And, last question: why did you recommend me a Dell laptop, and an I7 instead of an i5? Both things (Dell systems and I7 CPU) are more expansive than my specs.
I mean, Dell is known for being an expensive brand, "sort of Apple brand for poor people":ROFLMAO: isn't it? I would stay under 350 € if we're talking about used or refurbished stuff.
Upon reflection, I think that even 8gb of RAM (with an SSD) should work.

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Titan
Newegg's Marketplace (other stores using Newegg's store front) is much less reliable.
People often make the mistake of thinking they're purchasing from Newegg when actually, they're purchasing from a Newegg Marketplace Seller. The video does not clearly state they they were dealing with Newegg directly.
The video does state that the laptop was refurbished, so wear and tear is to be expected. Refurbished only means that the laptop has been tested/repaired and is functional. Aesthetic damage that does not inhibit functionality can be expected.
Due to COVID-19, Newegg does not, currently, ship to Italy, but they do have a site for when this is over.
For computers in general, Dell is one of the lower cost manufacturers (at least here in the US). It's only when you get into the more specialized laptops does the cost really jump up.
I don't think you will be able to find a laptop meeting your specifications for only 350€. Looking on Amazon.it, computers nearing your specs are starting above that and I'm not sure what generation of Core I5 processors they're using.
Amazon Italy - Laptops

-Wolf sends

Reactions: fra9618
Solution

fra9618

Prominent
May 7, 2020
For computers in general, Dell is one of the lower cost manufacturers (at least here in the US). It's only when you get into the more specialized laptops does the cost really jump up.
I don't think you will be able to find a laptop meeting your specifications for only 350€. Looking on Amazon.it, computers nearing your specs are starting above that and I'm not sure what generation of Core I5 processors they're using.
Amazon Italy - Laptops

-Wolf sends
Thank you ;) for your time Wolf!

Reactions: Wolfshadw