How much could I ask for my computer?

Renegade809

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
Looking to sell my computer. I have an hp compaq 6000 pro small form factor computer. It has 3 Ghz dual core processor, 12gb ddr3 ram, and 750 gb hard drive. It's running windows 8.1. When I sell it I will be selling my 15" monitor, keyboard, mouse, wifi adapter, x12 turtle beach headset, and my 3 megapixel Logitech camera with it. I have had it for almost a year. New they seem to be around $650, but that's with only 2gb of ram, and a 250 gb hard drive.

Solution
Thats about a $300 system at most if the buyer is interested in all the extra stuff. Like selling a car, all the fancy things you add to it like a $4,000 stereo, $1,000 wheels, zebra covered seats, mean just about 0 when you sell it. If someone wants a 2005 Camry and one is $5,000 and you are asking $10,000 because you put in $5,000 extra parts in it, you will be waiting to sell that car probably till it rusts. What you are selling is an older Core 2 Duo system. 12 gb of RAM, headset, webcam, do not add much to the price. Easy way to find out what you can sell if for, go to craigslist and see what other systems with that CPU range go for.
Thats about a $300 system at most if the buyer is interested in all the extra stuff. Like selling a car, all the fancy things you add to it like a $4,000 stereo, $1,000 wheels, zebra covered seats, mean just about 0 when you sell it. If someone wants a 2005 Camry and one is $5,000 and you are asking $10,000 because you put in $5,000 extra parts in it, you will be waiting to sell that car probably till it rusts. What you are selling is an older Core 2 Duo system. 12 gb of RAM, headset, webcam, do not add much to the price. Easy way to find out what you can sell if for, go to craigslist and see what other systems with that CPU range go for.

Solution