[SOLVED] how much do case fans affect temps

Jan 29, 2020
I have a 2600x and I came clocked to 4ghz 1.4v but I get 90 degrees in-game so I lowered the clock and volt to 3.6ghz and 1.2v now I get 75 degrees in-game I only have an intake fan would more fans lower temps enough to use it at 1.4v

Solution
im using the stock cooler i have seen tests where the temps are below 70 with it i might try to increase the fan speed
You might have seen 70°C with good air flow.
The stock cooler will be fine if you exhaust the warm air in the case.
If you want to OC the 2600x you will need a better CPU cooler.
Jan 29, 2020
Which case do you have?
You should have at least one exhaust fan to move warm air out of the case.
If I stop both exhaust fans on my PC temps can go higher by 15°C or more.
i have a corsair carbide series spec 1 it was set up with an i3 4170 and a 750 ti but i upgraded a few months ago and didn't realize there where no exhaust fans my temps where around 85 degrees when i built it i realized it was too high but didn't know what was causing it but if no airflow can increase temps 15 degrees it has to be the problem thanks for replying

If I read the specs correctly, your case comes with one 120mm front fan.
My suggestion is to buy a 140mm fan (or two) for the front intake and use the supplied 120mm fan as exhaust in the rear.

Any cooler needs a good supply of fresh air to do it's job.
Take the case covers off and direct a house fan at the innards to see the difference.

Jan 29, 2020
If I read the specs correctly, your case comes with one 120mm front fan.
My suggestion is to buy a 140mm fan (or two) for the front intake and use the supplied 120mm fan as exhaust in the rear.

Any cooler needs a good supply of fresh air to do it's job.
Take the case covers off and direct a house fan at the innards to see the difference.
i have 2 120mm fans on the way
my pc is in the corner of my 90degree desk with a shelf above it so cant fit a fan ill change my layout on the weekend and do some tests