[SOLVED] How much do you reckon I could sell this gpu for?

Mar 13, 2021
I have an rx 570 4gb oc edition by msi (bought 2019 aug)
The gpu is faulty, it stopped working around a year after I bought it, the fan spins but it provides no display to my monitor (I know its the gpu as i put in another gpu (gt 710) and it was giving a display output).
It randomly started working a few months after it stopped working, i used it for around 2 months, then it stopped working again (Same issue, no display, fans spin)

Do you think this gpu is fixable? Could I get it repaired and sell it for a better price or is selling it for a faulty gpu price my best option? (around £50).
Thanks for reading.

EDIT - both times it stopped working becuase i left my pc on over night, i didn't even do anything i just left it off without anything demanding running, the second time i literally booted it up then went to sleep because i was too tired, then when i woke up it just didn't work.

Solution
Miners do not care about output capability.
Describe the card accurately and you can sell it.
That said, what would you do for a replacement?
If hdmi suffices, it is probably best to keep it.

Ralston18

Titan
GPU is worth nothing.

As I understand your description of the GPU's history the GPU has failed.

Leaving a pc on overnight should not cause a GPU to fail.

Unlikely to be fixable. You need schematics, specs, and testing equipment to find the reason(s) for the failures.

And a skilled electronics techy type to do the work.

Repairs, if at all viable, are seldom worth the necessary time, efforts, and component costs. If the applicable components can be determined and purchased.

Just responsibly recycle the GPU. Do not sell it.

Reactions: runner4
You can sell anything on Ebay, just so long as you describe the condition accurately.
Not working, as is, for parts only.
Some out there have the ability to fix graphics cards and will buy it for more than you think.
The ability to run cryptominimg does not depend on output capability.

Reactions: runner4
Mar 13, 2021
GPU is worth nothing.

As I understand your description of the GPU's history the GPU has failed.

Leaving a pc on overnight should not cause a GPU to fail.

Unlikely to be fixable. You need schematics, specs, and testing equipment to find the reason(s) for the failures.

And a skilled electronics techy type to do the work.

Repairs, if at all viable, are seldom worth the necessary time, efforts, and component costs. If the applicable components can be determined and purchased.

Just responsibly recycle the GPU. Do not sell it.
It's working again haha, but only the hdmi. The display port doesn't work.

Mar 13, 2021
You can sell anything on Ebay, just so long as you describe the condition accurately.
Not working, as is, for parts only.
Some out there have the ability to fix graphics cards and will buy it for more than you think.
The ability to run cryptominimg does not depend on output capability.
Now the hdmi port is working, but the display port isn't working.
The card gives no ouput when i connect both hdmi and display port, however when i only connect hdmi it works.
The screen flashes when i use display port, so i guess it does give output... but its black with occasional light noise of flash.
I'm using it right now.

As written...it will sell on e-bay just describe it accurately so no one can come back on you if it doesn't work.

They'll buy it for parts if nothing else. The coolers and fans have value. I'd like to find a (dead) 5700XT Red Devil to get cooler and fans for my 5700XT Red Dragon.