[SOLVED] How much does good airflow actually help the cooling?

magzzy124

Reputable
Aug 11, 2019
I am planning to buy a new pc case...
My current one has front panel fully closed and it has only 1 92mm molex fan at the back.
How much of an improvement in temps will I actually get?

Solution
That would depend on what your innards/heatware actually is/are. Then we will also need to know what you're currently working with(make and model of the current case and innards) and the case you want to buy in the hopes of improving airflow so we have a comparison.

Also, as a thumb rule, think of a case as a room with no windows or ventilation and no air conditioning, plonking a ceiling fan won't do anything to deal with the heat inside the room if you were in it. If you added a couple of windows and allowed cross ventilation, then yes the temps would drop.

Lutfij

Titan
That would depend on what your innards/heatware actually is/are. Then we will also need to know what you're currently working with(make and model of the current case and innards) and the case you want to buy in the hopes of improving airflow so we have a comparison.

Also, as a thumb rule, think of a case as a room with no windows or ventilation and no air conditioning, plonking a ceiling fan won't do anything to deal with the heat inside the room if you were in it. If you added a couple of windows and allowed cross ventilation, then yes the temps would drop.

Solution