How much energy would I have to have for my computer?

WaterKisame

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Would I need more than 700-watts for my:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor, Black Edition
Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce Overclocked 2gb

Solution

The OCZ ModXStream Pro Series 700W (OCZ700MXSP), with its maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 46 Amps and with one 6-pin and one (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 670 graphics card.

The Corsair H100i is not a heavy power consumption device (i.e. less than 20 Watts).

Hi - If you already have a 700w unit, it is way more than enough.
A quality 500w (what realhardtechX suggests) is plenty, and
leaves some headroom. If you already have the 700w, please
insure that it is capable of delivering it's specs, check a review
or post brand and model here.

Tom

2 - 670's in SLI require only 750w realhardtechX and that has headroom not 1,000w

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
That's absolutely fine for that configuration...

The only time you should be thinking about bumping that PSU up to 1000W+ though if you were thinking about adding a second GTX-670 card and running them in SLI...

- AJ

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 670 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using two reference clocked GeForce GTX 670 graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 700 Watt or greater power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 45 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.

The OCZ ModXStream Pro Series 700W (OCZ700MXSP), with its maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 46 Amps and with one 6-pin and one (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 670 graphics card.

The Corsair H100i is not a heavy power consumption device (i.e. less than 20 Watts).

Solution

abbadon_34

Distinguished

All that just to agree with me? Sheesh. Did someone misread the OP when I said "no" to "do I need more than 700w" ?