[SOLVED] How much for PC that runs 4K at 60FPS+?

Jul 14, 2020
Hello! I'm interested in either building a gaming PC or buying a pre-built.

How much would it cost for a PC that runs 4K with at least 60FPS at all times?

I would like to know how much to save! Thanks for your help.

Solution
With or without a monitor/keyboard/mouse/audio? For 4K and "at least 60fps at all times" you are buying the top video card out there, which is going to be about 700-1,000. CPU is not as bad but still about $200-250 for a mid-range model. I'd guess you will be around the $2,000 range if you don't go crazy with a fancy case or water cooling, or massive high end storage options.

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
This varies too much to be able to state for certain. Games and their complexity and age can have significant impact on performance.

You'd also have to tell us which country you're from and any limitations that might incur.

As a Dane I'd have to pay somewhere in the region of 20000 DKK to get all peripherals as well.

Reactions: Phaaze88
With or without a monitor/keyboard/mouse/audio? For 4K and "at least 60fps at all times" you are buying the top video card out there, which is going to be about 700-1,000. CPU is not as bad but still about $200-250 for a mid-range model. I'd guess you will be around the $2,000 range if you don't go crazy with a fancy case or water cooling, or massive high end storage options.

Last edited:
Solution
Jul 14, 2020
Thanks for the fast response.

I'm located in Canada. I'm looking at just the PC right now (no monitor yet!).

This might be a goofy question, but why is the Xbox One X so much cheaper? It runs at 4K. Is it just due to the frame rate difference? I know it runs around 20-60 FPS.

This might be a goofy question, but why is the Xbox One X so much cheaper? It runs at 4K. Is it just due to the frame rate difference? I know it runs around 20-60 FPS.

Cheaper parts, lower quality settings, no way to upgrade it. It's always been like this, consoles are cheaper but also less flexible and lower quality settings.

I’ve got a One X and a PC with a 2080 Super. While the One X does an excellent job of 4K for the price especially in games like Gears 5 it is still far short of the pc quality. The One X uses various methods to upscale an image to 4K without the original image being truest 4K.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Even with a Sandy Bridge your CPU utilization is like 2 or 3 percent watching any video on youtube at any resolution. The GPU doesn't do to much work either a geforce 460 with a quad core sandy would do just fine. The CPU or GPU is not taxed at all watching videos. But if you had a Core 2 CHIP or AMD FX then maybe it can be slightly slower by 1 second doing everything.