How much FPS will this computer get on Minecraft?

Solution
Well it has a great CPU but a pretty outdated and low power GPU. you'll still be able to play minecraft, I don't know at what settings and framerate however, but the weak GPU won't let you max it out or high settings actually for sure and get 60FPS. That PC is very imbalanced, I really really recommend that you build it yourself, get a little less expensive CPU, maybe an i7 3770K or i5 4670K to let you OC in the future, even an i5-3570K would be overkill for Minecraft, and then a better GPU.

apcs13

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Well it has a great CPU but a pretty outdated and low power GPU. you'll still be able to play minecraft, I don't know at what settings and framerate however, but the weak GPU won't let you max it out or high settings actually for sure and get 60FPS. That PC is very imbalanced, I really really recommend that you build it yourself, get a little less expensive CPU, maybe an i7 3770K or i5 4670K to let you OC in the future, even an i5-3570K would be overkill for Minecraft, and then a better GPU.

Solution

An old PC that I have has an i3-540 and a Geforce GT 610, and it runs Minecraft at max settings with a lot over 60 FPS no problem. So what you're saying is definitively wrong. Even on integrated graphics, Minecraft runs well.

apcs13

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

It's actually not definitively wrong, if anything you are. I myself have a laptop with decent integrated graphics on a solid APU and don't hit 60 FPS constantly in the game maxed settings. There is no way what you're saying is possible, If you mean true maxing the game's settings, my current rig listed in sig gets 120 FPS max, with the draw distance set to normal I get around 350FPS, if you and OP max draw distance there is no way in hell you can get 60 FPS constantly in the game.

Note that laptops run a lot slower than desktops. I personally do think that the i7-4770 is at least a bit faster than the APU in your laptop, sir. And also faster than your FX-6350 by the way.

apcs13

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

... What the hell are you talking about? When did I ever say that the 4770 is slower than an APU or 6350?? Re-read any of my comments, I never said that anywhere. All I did was call you out on your BS that an i3-540 and GTX 610 could max Minecraft at 1080P 60 FPS, because that is not possible by any stretch.

JP7PlaysMC

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014

Neither of you are right or wrong... Minecraft is a very «unbalanced» game and, because it runs on java (not very effecient as we all should know), it depends on a huge amount of factors, internal or external. Say a theoretically better PC can run Minecraft worse than other older PC. It also uses more the CPU than the GPU, but I think there's a feature that reverses that (right click and click Run with high performance Nvidia card, if I remember correctly). A game like BF4 will certainly «prefer» the best PC, but Minecraft.... well, the developers say it can run on a toaster (all jokes aside) but sometimes it's not that easy.

I hope I clarified you both or, if not, i hope I brought something relevant to this matter ;)