How much "Hardware interrupts and DCP" can be considered 'normal', if any?

Flaxis

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Hello everyone and everyonette!

After some issues with my Harddisk switching back to PIO (Due to ATAPI time-out errors with my second Harddisk (As shown from the event log viewer), which is now removed as I had no use for it anyways), I decided to download and use Process Explorer to see what was causing an unexplained high amount of CPU usage despite the Idle process beeing at 99% most of the time. Also, during the PIO-time, my boot-up was extremly slow and the PC extremly laggy (Process Explorer showed 25-45% 'Hardware Issue and DCP' nearly all the time). However, after managing to switch it back to DMA, these 'interrupts and DCP' are still around 0.01-5%, very rarely jumping shortly to 7%ish but then right back down. My PC is an old Dell inspiron 530s (Due2Core, 3.00 ghz) with 4 gigs ram (32 bit XP, so only 3.12 gb actual ram) and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 graphic card (1 gb). So my question is, for an old PC with an 'outdated' OS, is that a normal amount of possible 'Interrupts and DCP'? If not, is there a way to track down the source to reduce it/get rid of it, prefferably without having to plug out one thing after the other as I'm a very delicate and unexperienced person when it's about touching hardware (And it may have been running with that all the time, in which case I guess it's fine)?

As a small sideinfo: My taskmanager's CPU Usage is usually a bit higher than the Idle Process (As in, Idle process 99% and it's usually at 2-4% CPU usage, sometimes it matches perfectly though, beeing 0% or 1%)

Another side-question: I do occasional gaming on this old PC (examples: League of Legends, Wakfu, AI War, stuff like that, nothing that's too heavy - and usually on very low settings), would those few interruption % be a great hinderance for such games?

If I need to give more infos, I'd be happy to do so. I know it's an old and outdates PC, but I have to deal with it for another while and I'm kinda new to all this stuff as I usually never had these kind of problems. So big thanks in advance!

Edit: To clarify, I 'think' that my PC is back to the speed it always had because the only visible problem from my part seemed to be those ATAPI errors from my second harddisk, forcing my main harddisk back to PIO, which I now managed to switch back to DMA, but I'm not fully sure as I'd have to use it for a few days to be more sure about that. So sorry if I don't reply imediatly!

Flaxis

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
I wonder, is this an odd question or is noone sure enough to share their opinion about this? While sometimes my hardware interruptions and DPCs stay low (0.01 to 0.77), it still jumps to those 1-5% from time to time and I still wonder if that's considered normal or 'acceptable' on a 3.2 gig system. Anyone to share their opinion on this?