Question How much, if any improvement is going from cl16 3000 to cl15 3200

Quite marginal. If you were buying new, you'd obviously get the second one, but already owning the first, I can't imagine you'll get enough benefit to justify the cost.

Its ram I already have. So basically I tried overclocking my ram. I turned off XMP (which was 2933mhz at cl 15-17-17-36) and I tried 3200mhz at cl16. This was about 3 months ago.

I reverted back to the XMP after a couple crashes in GTA V (turned out to be unrelated to the ram) however my cl never changed back to cl15 it was still at cl16 because I had the cl manually set to 16 when I tried 3200 before. Not sure if thats normal or if xmp is supposed to override the cl setting, however when reverting back it still stuck at cl16 (i never noticed this until today)

So Ive basically been playing at 3000mhz cl16 for the past 2 months and havent even realized it.

As of right now Im at 3200mhz on cl15 so I was just wondering if changing the cl along with the clock speed would have any type of performance gain worthwhile since Im now running at what I wanted to run the entire time lol

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Have you updated the bios lately? Sometimes they'll have improved memory compatibility.

gotta love how they market the ram to make it seem like a 1cl differance is worth a marginally higher price lol
The higher the frequency, the higher the price - ditto for timings, as long as their not too terrible, like a CL19 on a 3600 kit...
The Average Joe isn't going to know about all that though.

TRENDING THREADS