Question How much is my custom built computer worth?

Jul 16, 2019
Win 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7-7700k CPU @ 4.20 GHz
Antec Three Hundred Two Gaming Case
EVGA Supernova 850 G2 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
MSi GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G
MSi Gaming M3 Motherboard
Seagate Skyhawk Surveillance Internal Hard Drive 2T
G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB
Asus RW DVD+R DL DVD Multi Recorder

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It's a fairly balanced build that you may actually move for $600-$700, though the storage system is weird. Am I reading correctly that your only hard drive is that listed surveillance hard drive? That's an incredibly curious choice for a gaming rig; these are slow hard drives that are designed for low power consumption but high sequential read/write speeds. You want high random read/write speeds.

I don't typically advise selling a PC as a unit unless it's highly desirable as is, with no changes required to optimize value. So I'd suggest selling the parts individually; the good news is that most of the parts you used are very good and you ought to be able to move pretty much everything quickly.

Reactions: Curiousone23
Jul 16, 2019
It's a fairly balanced build that you may actually move for $600-$700, though the storage system is weird. Am I reading correctly that your only hard drive is that listed surveillance hard drive? That's an incredibly curious choice for a gaming rig; these are slow hard drives that are designed for low power consumption but high sequential read/write speeds. You want high random read/write speeds.

I don't typically advise selling a PC as a unit unless it's highly desirable as is, with no changes required to optimize value. So I'd suggest selling the parts individually; the good news is that most of the parts you used are very good and you ought to be able to move pretty much everything quickly.
That's really helpful. Thanks!