Question How much is my PC worth?

theaquariuspc

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
Hi there, how you all doing, a while back now I built this PC and i'm thinking of selling it and buying a new one, but I don't know how much it is worth right now.
Anyways, here is the specs! :)
Case: NZXT H500 White
Motherboard: MSI Z370-A Pro
CPU: Intel i3 8100
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
SSD: Kingston 120GB A400
HDD: Western Digital 1TB HDD
RAM: DDR4 8GB Corsair Vengence 2666 mHz
(By the way the cooler is stock intel)
Oh yeah and im not sure on what the PSU is, its pretty low quality however and I think I can remember how much I paid for it, and I live in the UK if that changes anything.

find all of your parts info; make, model, and current online prices. maybe search Newegg or Amazon for the average prices.
add them up.
subtract ~15% from the total for being used.

if it still functions, add ~$100 for your time building.
if you're posting online, add shipping & handling rates to the asking price.

theaquariuspc

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
find all of your parts info; make, model, and current online prices. maybe search Newegg or Amazon for the average prices.
add them up.
subtract ~15% from the total for being used.

if it still functions, add ~$100 for your time building.
if you're posting online, add shipping & handling rates to the asking price.
Thanks man, ill do that :)

DSzymborski

Titan
Thanks man, ill do that :)

Unfortunately, don't get caught up on getting that much. The discount for used parts, unless they're specific parts that are highly sought after, is generally closer to 30-40%. And nobody's paying extra for your time building; you generally will get less on eBay for a full build than for individual parts. And you'll fare worse when the configuration is kind of odd, which your config is: top-notch GPU with unknown dodgy power supply, higher-midrange Z370 motherboard with basic i3 that can't overclock.

"subtract ~15% " is wildly unrealistic.
Closer to 40%.

Does it include a known valid Windows license?
Aside from the GPU, that is a very basic system. Nothing that can't be had in WalMart/Dixons/BestBuy for a paltry sum.
you guys obviously don't do much trading & sales. and if you do, you're doing it in the wrong places and to the wrong people.

for a quick sale, 40% off of retail price for "used - like new" items will get it done in ~48hrs on Amazon or something like Facebook Marketplace.
for max profit, 15-25% off will get it done in ~30 days.

have been doing reviews for online retailers for 6 years. which leads to selling 15-30 "used - like new" items a year. those and my personal used items never hang around for long.
have also been building custom systems locally for 10+ years and always get my money back plus $1-200 for the assembly & customization.

you list that system with enticing wording and description and it will more than likely sell locally through something like the Facebook Marketplace in a couple weeks. most people shopping for pre-configured systems don't have much clue what they should be shopping for or what they should be paying.

DSzymborski

Titan
you guys obviously don't do much trading & sales. and if you do, you're doing it in the wrong places and to the wrong people.

for a quick sale, 40% off of retail price for "used - like new" items will get it done in ~48hrs on Amazon or something like Facebook Marketplace.
for max profit, 15-25% off will get it done in ~30 days.

have been doing reviews for online retailers for 6 years. which leads to selling 15-30 "used - like new" items a year. those and my personal used items never hang around for long.
have also been building custom systems locally for 10+ years and always get my money back plus $1-200 for the assembly & customization.

you list that system with enticing wording and description and it will more than likely sell locally through something like the Facebook Marketplace in a couple weeks. most people shopping for pre-configured systems don't have much clue what they should be shopping for or what they should be paying.

Bold claims, since absolutely nobody on eBay appears to be able to get anywhere close to this for anything, ever. Especially the $200 bonus for your build. I'm sure data will be forthcoming.

A pc will often fetch more if it is disassembled and the parts sold individually.
That is because it is unlikely that a buyer will want exactly the same pc.
Find your parts in used condition on ebay.
Then filter on completed auctions,
In green you will see what the part actually sold for.

If you can, sell locally. Shipping a case can be very expensive.

Therein is your difference. You are selling to uninformed customers that don't know the "real" value (if that means anything!) of a system, Where the people on this forum DO know what the parts are really worth. Personally, I wouldn't pay over 50% of retail for a "used - like new" PC (and then only if it were current generation parts!) without a warranty of any kind.

theaquariuspc

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
Thanks for the info guys, I think I might try and sell the parts individually, however, my only concern is that I sell most of my parts then I am unable to sell a few parts, so I won't be able to buy new parts for a pc.