[SOLVED] How much is my PC Worth?

DacheZ

Reputable
Mar 17, 2019
Hello everyone, I want to sell my current PC to build a new one, since this one is pretty old and I think I need an upgrade. Can someone please tell me how much is my PC worth? I don't know if this is the right topic for the question but I hope so.

PC Components:
Hard drives: WDC WD5000AAKS-00UU3A0 (465.8GB)
STM3500418AS (465.8GB)
SSD: LITEONIT LMS-32L6M mSATA (32GB)
PSU: Stock DELL XPS 8700 460W PSU
CPU: i7-4770
GPU: MSI Rx 560 AERO ITX 2GB OC
RAM: 16GB DDR3 4x4GB HMT351U6CFR8C-PB
CASE: Corsair Carbide Spec-04 Non tempered glass version.
Motherboard: DELL XPS 8700

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Okay, but last summer I bought the RX 560 2gb which is like 100 euros in France, and the Case was like 50-60 Euros, so I guess it's around 300-350 like ChumP said?

You're not selling new equipment. Used RX 560s typically sell for $30-$40 and used cases have almost no value except locally because shipping costs tend to be so much for those.

And of course, there's the confusion of where you're actually trying to sell this; you only specify euros and France in a follow-up post.

This PC will move slowly as a prebuilt with a rather odd configuration.

The best balance of money and effort will be to strip down the parts that are desirable.

$100 for the CPU.
$40 for the GPU.
$30 for the RAM.

Offer the rest cheaply and hope someone eventually is interested. Assembled, I'd be surprised if you got more than $250 for everything quickly. I can't see someone paying $350 for this without making a very poor decision.

You're not selling new equipment. Used RX 560s typically sell for $30-$40 and used cases have almost no value except locally because shipping costs tend to be so much for those.

And of course, there's the confusion of where you're actually trying to sell this; you only specify euros and France in a follow-up post.

This PC will move slowly as a prebuilt with a rather odd configuration.

The best balance of money and effort will be to strip down the parts that are desirable.

$100 for the CPU.
$40 for the GPU.
$30 for the RAM.

Offer the rest cheaply and hope someone eventually is interested. Assembled, I'd be surprised if you got more than $250 for everything quickly. I can't see someone paying $350 for this without making a very poor decision.

Actually the cheapest XPS 8700 on ebay france(he said he's from france) is €664, which I find quite funny.

Considering the prices are a lot steeper in Europe(Yes, I live there too) compared to US he'll most likely be able to sell that system for more than you think.

Reactions: DacheZ

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Actually the cheapest XPS 8700 on ebay france(he said he's from france) is €664, which I find quite funny.

That's the problem with only looking at current offers rather than sold offers. Current offers are universally the ones that haven't sold or haven't sold yet. If I want to buy a GTX 460, a low-midrange GPU from a decade ago, I can go on Amazon and see it "going for" $400 used.