Question How much is my setup worth?

Seamus McGinley

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2015
Hi all,

I want to sell my gaming PC and go for a gaming laptop as I move around a lot with work and not making use of my desktop.

I want advice from those of you who are up to date with todays prices etc as I’ve been out of the loop for some time.

My setup is:
•Intel i7-8700k 6-core 3.7/4.7 CPU
•AsRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard
•Gigabyte RTX2070 Windforce 8GB GPU
•Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM (4x8)
•Aerocool 800 ATX Case
•Kraken X53 240mm Liquid cooler
•Corsair RM850X Modular PSU
•1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD
•2TB WD 7200RPM HDD
•Samsung CD/DVD Drive

any guidance at all is appreciated, I’m in Ireland so € prices ideally, thanks

Probably somewhere between 500-800 US dollars, depending on the age of some of the hardware. If everything there is the same age as the CPU, then you are probably looking at around that price in value, but really things are only worth what somebody is willing to pay for them and one person is likely going to be willing to pay something different than somebody else. Also, the value in your region might be distinctly different than in mine, based on general hardware availability, current price of graphics cards and power supplies, health of your drives, etc.

Could be worth as much as 1000 dollars to the right buyer, but you have to realize this is now a 5 year old platform and it really doesn't matter when YOU bought it, the platform is 5 years old and it's performance is grossly outmatched by current offerings.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
If you're planning on selling that as a complete working and ready to play on system, including a monitor and input devices, speakers, power cables and such. (your not listing those as well)

I'd give you a thousand US right now for it, but since I already have a pc or two, I'm not your buyer, surely somebody would want it.
And that buyer would just need to upgrade the storage devices and be in the playing ball park.