Question How much is this system worth?

Apr 7, 2019
I have this older gaming PC which i have installed a newer gpu and Windows 10, to flip it, which i am yet to have a buyer. How much would you say it is worth?

AMD phneom ii 965 x4 @3.6ghz
Asus m4a78td mobo
4x2gb 1600mhz corsair ram
500gb samsung HDD
2gb RX 560
Zalman Z7 gaming case with 3x 120mm fans
OCZ 550w 80+ psu
WIndows 10 installed and activated

Ignoring the above post, I'd say sell it between $200 and $300, but I recommend putting a SSD to give it a modern feel for the buyer. It's not much of a return, but you can't expect that from a pre-2010 era PC.

I'd advertise it as equivalent to a PS3 or Xbox 360 so people don't think they are getting more than what it is worth.

Reactions: Writeous One
Apr 7, 2019
Why? You spend $150 for nothing... It's like putting a lipstick on a pig.

because a quad core phenom ii can still game today, so the system with a 2gb gpu is perfect for esports or 1080p on low settings. I didn't pay 150 dollars for the gpu.

Ignoring the above post, I'd say sell it between $200 and $300, but I recommend putting a SSD to give it a modern feel for the buyer. It's not much of a return, but you can't expect that from a pre-2010 era PC.

I'd advertise it as equivalent to a PS3 or Xbox 360 so people don't think they are getting more than what it is worth.

thanks, that's around my valuation and if i sell it for the lower 200 i'd make a profit. i've had it advertised as a fortnite/esports entry level rig.

i think a small SSD for the OS would be a good improvment, thanks.

because a quad core phenom ii can still game today, so the system with a 2gb gpu is perfect for esports or 1080p on low settings. I didn't pay 150 dollars for the gpu.

thanks, that's around my valuation and if i sell it for the lower 200 i'd make a profit. i've had it advertised as a fortnite/esports entry level rig.

i think a small SSD for the OS would be a good improvment, thanks.
Don't advertise it as an esports rig. It's not good enough for that, trust me. I have a Intel Xeon X5470 @3.7 GHz in a system with a GTX 1050 Ti and most games run at around 30-60 FPS. Advertise it for casual gaming.

Reactions: Writeous One