[SOLVED] How much life does a rechargeable keyboard battery have?

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
I have a keyboard I dearly love and was about to buy a second to shelve for later; however in trying to find out about the type of battery it has, I read that lithium ion batteries have a life, used or unused of about 3-5 years. Is this true?

I am assuming it is a lithium ion battery, it is basically a mac keyboard made by HP for there all in one "Envy" desktops, and there is no obvious way to get into it. The battery area on the back is about 12x1 and I have only charge it once it 11 months.

Solution
Lithium batteries have a life of 1 - 5 years DEPENDING on how you use and charge it. If you only charge it once every 11 months, I would imagine it would last lots of years. Keep it between 20-80 charge all the time will make the battery life last a long long time.

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Lithium batteries have a life of 1 - 5 years DEPENDING on how you use and charge it. If you only charge it once every 11 months, I would imagine it would last lots of years. Keep it between 20-80 charge all the time will make the battery life last a long long time.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS