[SOLVED] How much more can I upgrade my old Dell Inspiron 15 3567 Laptop ?

Jun 20, 2021
I've a Dell Inspiron 15 3567 Laptop with windows 10 installed on it

Processor : Intel Core i3 6006u Dual core with hyper threading
It's 2.0 Ghz no turboost and I can't upgrade this because it's embedded in laptop.
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...ore-i3-6006u-processor-3m-cache-2-00-ghz.html

RAM : 8 GB
SSD : 240 GB ADATA
AMD Radeon R5 M330 Graphics
I've updated drivers updated windows and also de bloated windows.
removed uneccesary applications and you know those regedit and services things that stops useless applications.

All this and I still don't get the smooth experience.
YouTube videos beyond 720p starts lagging
I tried switching graphics and still the same.
I am not into games but all I want is just my laptop to run programs smoothly.

If you know anything that can increase the speed of my laptop please let me know .

Solution
This might be before they started soldering in the RAM, so you might could add more. I don't think you will notice that much unless your use case is already going to page file. Beyond that, you are already aware that the CPU can't be changed so.......basically nothing.

From a software perspective, you could run a Linux distro and it would seem more responsive due to the lack of overhead needed for Win to be a smooth experience.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
This might be before they started soldering in the RAM, so you might could add more. I don't think you will notice that much unless your use case is already going to page file. Beyond that, you are already aware that the CPU can't be changed so.......basically nothing.

From a software perspective, you could run a Linux distro and it would seem more responsive due to the lack of overhead needed for Win to be a smooth experience.

Solution