How much of my gaming graphics will improve if I switch from 1920 x 1080 to 2560 x 1440 resolution?

Hassaan_3

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
I'm thinking of buying a portable 2K monitor for my PS4 PRO, but I do have a 1080p TV at home as well. The resolution of the monitor is 2560 x 1440. Worth it or not?

iaminsensible

Proper
Jan 1, 2019
It depends on the person, really. I found the difference HUGE. I mean, clearer textures, better text, better colours all thanks to those extra pixels. 2k or 1.5k to be more precise, in my opinion, is worth it 100%.

The thing with your case though is that you want to have a portable monitor, it depends on what you mean by portable, but I don't think that anything above 27" is easily portable. And to be honest, PS4 PRO + 27" ain't the best combination.

Hassaan_3

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

The portable monitor's 10.1 inches!

iaminsensible

Proper
Jan 1, 2019

Oh, that portable... :p I was thinking of me when I was younger and would take my 24" monitor with me at my grandparent's house but apparently, you're going to travel/use it outside very often, I presume? 10", that is tiny! My phone is 6". Are you sure about that? I mean, why not purchase a Nintendo Switch instead? I mean, PS4 PRO already takes too much space, why would you go for a 10" screen since you can simply put the monitor on top of the PS4?

I am just trying to understand what you want to do here...

Hassaan_3

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

I'm currently residing in Abu Dubai, and I don't have any T.V or monitor on which I could play my PS4 Pro on. At home, I only got a 1080P T.V, which isn't going to be too good for my PRO at all. I thought I should just buy a 2K portable monitor instead.

Here's another catch; my father was thinking of buying a 4K monitor, but the price of a 4K monitor is same as of a 4K sony smart-T.V, so we were thinking of just buying the T.V instead. :/

What's a better way to enjoy my PS4 Pro experience? Any recommendation?

iaminsensible

Proper
Jan 1, 2019
I would purchase the TV 100%. Almost everyone (almost!) have their consoles connected to a TV instead of a monitor. I personally have my three consoles connected to a TV as well!

TVs tend to be larger and cheaper than certain monitors.

Hassaan_3

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

Oh damn, that's impressive! I know that I'm a little late to the PS4 party, but at least I made it, hah. I tried using Remote Play, but I couldn't even access my PS4's setting since I have no method of viewing my PS4's screen.

Guess the monitor's off the options now, T.V's the better choice. There's also a problem with my budget, that's why I was thinking of buying the 2K portable monitor, but then again, like you said, the screen's a bit too tiny.