How much power do my PC need for future upgrades?

cLynge123

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
This is how my pc looks like at the time:
MotherBoard: M5A97 LE R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.2GHz
GPU: RADEON R9 270X
Harddrive: 128gb SSD + 1tb HDD
Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance
PSU: Corsair vs450w

This is what im planning on upgrading it to:
GPU: Add an extra "RADEON R9 270X" and make it work with CrossFire from the motherboard
Harddrive: Add another 128gb SSD drive for Games
Ram: Add another 16gb's ram

So I know I need to upgrade my PSU, will this PSU make it all work together proberly? http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/cx-series-cx750m-modular-atx-power-supply-750-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-psu

Solution
For the r9 270x, you'd need about 500w in theory. A 450w would be cutting things a little too close.

Yes, that second PSU you listed would be more than enough.

Though, I don't understand what you mean by "crossfire with the motherboard." Do you mean you'll add a second r9 270x, or you're going to try and run dual graphics with the integrated/on-board graphics? If the latter, I wouldn't believe that a higher end card like the 270x would be compatible for the dual graphics. That's usually for cards like the r7 240/250. If you meant the former, then yes, you're all set.

KyleADunn

Honorable
For the r9 270x, you'd need about 500w in theory. A 450w would be cutting things a little too close.

Yes, that second PSU you listed would be more than enough.

Though, I don't understand what you mean by "crossfire with the motherboard." Do you mean you'll add a second r9 270x, or you're going to try and run dual graphics with the integrated/on-board graphics? If the latter, I wouldn't believe that a higher end card like the 270x would be compatible for the dual graphics. That's usually for cards like the r7 240/250. If you meant the former, then yes, you're all set.

Solution