[SOLVED] How much power does 12 pin to two 6+2 pin pcie deliver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2021
Have a dark power pro 12 1500w need to know if each 10 pin will deliver north of 300w to my gpu. I have an Asus tuf 3090 oc.

Solution
My bad you are correct they are 12pin! I will edit the post

Then they'll work.

Don't call them the 12-pin cables though. PSU cables always refer to the side that connects to the other components, because the side that connects to the power supply is not standardized. This may seem nitpicky, but it actually isn't; this is an area in which precision is very important. I remember a few years ago when someone swapped a single letter on their PSU model when they asked if a PSU would work with other cables they had. Since they provided a single wrong letter, they had the wrong cables and fried their motherboard.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What do you mean by a 10-pin? You use the 6+2 pin cables that come with the PSU; there's no standardized number of pins on the modular side. They're just 6+2 pin cables. And even then, the port for the 6+2 pin cables on the PSU itself has 12 pins, not 10. The ports with 10 pins on the modular side are for the CPU. Which you don't want to be connecting to your 3090 unless you no longer wish to be the owner of a working 3090.

Reactions: ParkTandem
Jul 17, 2021
What do you mean by a 10-pin? You use the 6+2 pin cables that come with the PSU; there's no standardized number of pins on the modular side. They're just 6+2 pin cables. And even then, the port for the 6+2 pin cables on the PSU itself has 12 pins, not 10. The ports with 10 pins on the modular side are for the CPU. Which you don't want to be connecting to your 3090 unless you no longer wish to be the owner of a working 3090.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Then they'll work.

Don't call them the 12-pin cables though. PSU cables always refer to the side that connects to the other components, because the side that connects to the power supply is not standardized. This may seem nitpicky, but it actually isn't; this is an area in which precision is very important. I remember a few years ago when someone swapped a single letter on their PSU model when they asked if a PSU would work with other cables they had. Since they provided a single wrong letter, they had the wrong cables and fried their motherboard.

Reactions: ParkTandem
Solution
Jul 17, 2021
Then they'll work.

Thank you I'll keep this in mind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.