How much power(W) does a Gainward GTX 570 Phantom use alone, not including other components?

nishilamin1213

Commendable
Dec 19, 2017
Hello all;
i am in a dilema concerned with PSU's and will be adding a 2nd one outside my rig to power my GPU, does anyone know How much power(W) a Gainward GTX 570 Phantom use?, it will be the only thing on the 2nd psu.
All contributions will be highly appreciated, thankyou.

Solution
According to the GeForce.com website, the GTX 570 uses 219W.

Also, I literally copied from your subject line "How much power(W) does a Gainward GTX 570 Phantom use" and pasted it into Google, and got the answer.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
According to the GeForce.com website, the GTX 570 uses 219W.

Also, I literally copied from your subject line "How much power(W) does a Gainward GTX 570 Phantom use" and pasted it into Google, and got the answer.

Solution
Another way is to count the power sources it uses. The pci-ex motherboard slot provides 75W. An 8 pin pci-ex connector supplies up to 150W. A 6 pin pci-ex connector supplies up to 75W. Your Gainward requires an 8 pin AND 6 pin, plus the motherboard slot itself.

Next, you don't want your power supply running at 100% load. If your videocard requires 220W, you don't want to use a 220W power supply. You'll want to check reviews of the power supplies you're looking at to see the ideal load level but staying around 80% load can't hurt. So then for a 220W part you'd want ~300W.