hdd- 1tb
gigabyte a320m
gaming mouse and keyboard
cpu and gpu utilisation -95%+
pc usage-9+hrs per day

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
A un-OC 1660 Super should be fine with 450W min. As popatim says, you could proably even go 400W if your usage isn't extreme, no OC'ing, and the PSU is high quality. Personally, I would not get anything less than a 500W if buying new. But if you already have a PSU and are wondering if it is enough, then 450W would be my minimum.

ThilakRoX

Prominent
Nov 17, 2019
A un-OC 1660 Super should be fine with 450W min. As popatim says, you could proably even go 400W if your usage isn't extreme, no OC'ing, and the PSU is high quality. Personally, I would not get anything less than a 500W if buying new. But if you already have a PSU and are wondering if it is enough, then 450W would be my minimum.
yeah i already have coolermaster 500w psu

bignastyid

Titan
so what problems am i likely to face with this psu,till now i thought we just look at the watts b4 buying an psu . Pls tell how to choose an psu (best budget psu coz im not rich :(
Poor quality construction(cut a lot of corners to make a price point). Being 230v only is usually a good sign of this. The advertised wattage can be very misleading and many cheap units can't get close the the wattage they advertise. Looking for professional reviews is a great way to evaluate a psu as the manufacture not submitting a series for review is a sign that they are probably hiding something. There is a review for the 600w version of that unit and it doesn't do well.
https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2018/10/08/cooler-master-masterwatt-lite-600w-230v-power-supply/6/

Problems that you can have with these kinda units are random crashes and system instability, early failure and a chance of damaging other components when they fail.

A decent budget unit that would power your system is the Corsair CX450

Reactions: ThilakRoX
A bit late to the party, but considering the extremely poor quality of that unit it's worth throwing this out there. I would not recommend ANYBODY using the Masterwatt Lite units considering they have one of the worst scores for any unit that actually completed testing without blowing up, of just about any name brand unit ever tested at Jonny Guru. Yes, the 12v regulation was ok. Everything else, was pretty much not ok though.

While this is a review of the 600w model, I'm quite sure the 500w model is the same platform and same quality, if not worse. Sorry for the revival, but honestly I think it was necessary in light of the fact that a good many visitors might see this post later on and think that those units are ok to use. I do not believe that they are to be honest.

Well, the site hasn't been Jon Gerow's for quite a long time now, but he still posts there as a regular member. But I believe, and don't quote me on this, but I think the site has been AGAIN sold, or something along those lines, plus they did a whole new forum software much like we did recently, and it apparently completely borked up the Google results with all of the old URLs being gone and just, yeah, I couldn't find anything for a while there either.

Also, I know Oklahoma Wolf has reportedly done his last review there, a while back, so I don't know who is going to be doing the reviews there from now on. Taz I suspect, but I don't know for sure. He's been doing some of the reviews there for a while too, years actually, but it was usually Wolf doing most of them I think.

It doesn't look like there's been any new reviews since March though, which doesn't bode well for its continuation.