How much PSU Wattage do i need?

Firewater21

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
Im thinking of running two HD 7950s in my rig, how much PSU wattage do i need?

My other components:

Intel i7-4770 Haswell (not overclocked)
MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
CoolerMaster Seidon 120m liquid cooler
8GB G.Skill RipJaws X
2TB Seagate Barracuda

Thanks!

Solution
For a system using two AMD reference design Radeon HD 7950 (non-Boost Edition) graphics cards in 2-way CrossFire mode AMD specifies a minimum of a 750 Watt or greater system power supply. The power supply should also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 45 Amps or greater and have at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) may require an...
For a system using two AMD reference design Radeon HD 7950 (non-Boost Edition) graphics cards in 2-way CrossFire mode AMD specifies a minimum of a 750 Watt or greater system power supply. The power supply should also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 45 Amps or greater and have at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) may require an additional increase to the maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current ratings, recommended above, to meet the increase in power required for the overclock. The additional amount required will depend on the magnitude of the overclock being attempted.

Solution
Check out my guide for help on wattage requirements and PSU selection. Check out PCPartPicker for exact info on wattage. Just go to system build , add your selected parts and check the estimated wattage. Get a PSU 100-300W above your needs depending on your requirements and budget.

Hi - Any quality 750w PSU will do the job & allow you to overclock, there also
some 650's that will suffice(have 4 pcie connectors & sufficient +12v amps)

Where are you located? and what's your budget for a PSU?