How much PSU wattage do I need?

KittyFish62

Respectable
Dec 13, 2016
I'm planning to get a ASUS (ecx-Fry-US-8327837) Micro ATX AMD 760G motherboard, and a XFX Radeon HD 6450 (HD-645X-ZQHP) 1024MB PCIe Gen 2.1 GPU. I already have a AMD Athlon II X4 620 CPU. I'm also planning to get a corsair cx430m or cx500m, but i'm not sure which one to get because i'm on a tight budget.

Edit: I also have another XFX Radeon HD 6450 (HD-645X-ZQHP) 1024MB PCIe Gen 2.1 GPU in stock. My budget is $200 and I already have a 500W power supply, but it was only 20 bucks off of ebay and it isn't a very big brand.

Edit 2: I just looked at the regular CX430 and CX500, and they were much cheaper. Is it really worth it to get the m versions?

Edit3: I'm also using Crossfire for the two GPUS.

Lokesh_20

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
Hello,
Previously i am using a zebronics psu
Which says 450w on it for running a _intel i5 3470
_intel motherboard DH61BF
_hard disk segate 1 tb

When i added another 1 tb hard drive segate.
The system stopped functioning
It will be struck on the strtup where the mother board series name comes
And then the sound comes from the hard drive as like a cd is struck.

Which psu should i buy for this pc running two harddrives
Thers no graphic card installed

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Zebtronics are iffy, if not popular because if the price. Some ppl will swear they are really good, some wouldn't use one as a paperweight.

There's a quite large difference in quality between the old corsair CX (2012?) and the newer CXM. Apart from the CXM Semi-Modular design, they are a definite upgrade in output, solidity, better fans, dc/dc instead of group regulated etc. The old CX (blocky colored lettering) is also different from its new upgrade design (silver/black) but not to such an extent. Basically black/silver is better, solid colored letters isn't when talking any corsair C series.

Pull the data cord out of the new hdd, leave power hooked up. Boot the system. Wait 2 minutes or so. With pc still running, plug the data back into the hdd. This'll bypass the possibility that the hdd is setup as a boot drive. Use windows to partition the hdd, which will wipe out the boot.mgr and reset the hdd for format. If you can't do that, might have an issue with the hdd.