How much PSU wattage does this config need ?

tensa01

Reputable
Dec 24, 2017
Motherboard : MSI A320m pro gaming
RAM : 16 GB DDR4
CPU : Ryzen 1500x
GPU : GTX 1050ti
HDD : 3 HDD ( 1To , 750Go , 300 Go )
External Hard Drive : 2 ( 512 Go , 130 Go )
SSD : 120Go
Fans : 2 Case fans + amd wraith spire for CPU
Case : Thermaltake N21 versa

Hello everyone i'm looking for some information about my config!
i want to know how much PSU does it need
looking forward for your answers, thanks for your time

Solution
It's a 1050ti and 65w Ryzen cpu. Minimum recommendation would be a decent 350w psu, but that's OEM sizes. For an aftermarket psu a Seasonic 400w or Corsair CX(2017) or Corsair CXM 450 is probably the easiest to come by especially if considering any overclocking.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's a 1050ti and 65w Ryzen cpu. Minimum recommendation would be a decent 350w psu, but that's OEM sizes. For an aftermarket psu a Seasonic 400w or Corsair CX(2017) or Corsair CXM 450 is probably the easiest to come by especially if considering any overclocking.

Solution

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

no, avoid cooler master, only their "V" series are good

tensa01

Reputable
Dec 24, 2017
I know that we found a good solution but i have another problem which is there is no Seasonic or Silverstone PSUs where i live i've been searching everywhere for 3 days i found corsair but well ... since its written " Corcair " i doubt the quality :v do you people please have some Suggestions ? I'm seen Coolermaster Masterwatt and Thermaltake every where what should i do ?thanks for your consideration and answers have a good day ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Very surprised at there being no Corsair or Seasonic units, those along with the CM and TT are the widest market brands there is. No, I seriously doubt that it's a misprint or mislabeled Corsair unit, more like 's cheap knock-off aimed at trying to fool people with brand recognition. Like putting a Mercedes badge on a Toyota.

Your best option now is to give a budget, and maybe some links to stores you somewhat trust that'll ship to your address without costing an arm and a leg for shipping and we'll see what's available. The CM Masterwatt might not be the best unit, but it might just be the best unit you can get locally.

tensa01

Reputable
Dec 24, 2017

Thanks mate for your quick response !
i will try to search further locally who knows leaving the PSU last in my config i may find a cave where they do sell corsair :v
other wise i will aim to CM Masterwatt thanks again Have a nice day sir

tensa01

Reputable
Dec 24, 2017

Came back for report after searching like a creepy guy :v
Found this FSP HEXA+ 550w +80 ( never heard of this brand ) but looks like a lot of people are buying it here in my country ..
also found no corsair no seasonic no supernova
The only available brands are :

Power LC ( German )
FSP HEXA
Thermaltake
Coolermaster
:/ what do you think ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
LC Power is usually OEM Huntkey, so they are quite cost effective but most models really aren't that good. There's a few I believe made by CWT that are borderline mediocre.
FSP is an actual OEM, so the Hexa is made in-house, but it's a very old design, at least 6 years old and was before the time of 80+ ratings. The Hexa+ is newer, but not much better ,but at least a 80+ rating.
That leaves the TT and CM, of which the Masterwatt seems to be the best overall choice. It's a modern design, decent efficiency, decent warranty and by all accounts at least mediocre, might be slightly better. Out of all the options, it's the one I'd trust the most.

tensa01

Reputable
Dec 24, 2017

in my old config i'm using the the LC420H-12 v1.3

http://www.lc-power.com/produkte/netzteile/office-serie/lc420h-12-v13/
I'm using it for like 6y with :

an AMD 6 - 6350 APU
no graphic card just the apu
2 HDD 2 External HDD
8Gb RAM
Optical drive and a single LCD ( i do not overclock at all )
And its still working fine not a single problem even tho in my place electricity keep going off and on

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
@tensa01

First line of that says quite clearly, even if I don't read/speak German, 'Office Series'.

You are using a 420w psu on a system that sees maximum wattage use of considerably less than 200w. I can guarantee that if you slapped in a good sized gpu that LC Power psu would fry if pushed anything close to rated power. There is a huge difference in a office used psu which has slow transients and draws and a gaming psu which sees almost instantaneous large draws.

Think of it this way. Your fishing pole has 10lb test line. You use it all day, every day, to catch fish no larger than 2lbs. Even the occasional jerk isn't going to snap that line. If you were catching 8lb fish everyday, even a slight jerk is going to snap the line.
https://youtu.be/f6snWfd1v7M

tensa01

Reputable
Dec 24, 2017

I got you man thanks for your help will get the 550w +80 masterwatt of coolermaster i found the EVGA 1200w gold
:v but its way too much lol Have a good day sir thank you