How much PSU wattage would I need for my build?

impreza0109

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
Hello. I'm new to the forum and I've read so many stuff about computers in general here. I'd like to ask how much wattage would I need from a PSU for my build?

specs:
Intel Core i5 3570 non-k
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Asrock Z77 Pro3
Gskill Ripjaws X 8GB RAM
Inno3D GTX 760 iChiLL HerculeZ 3000
a cheapo DVD-RW

I was getting inclined to get a 500 watt PSU as my friend suggested, he has almost the same exact components and it has been sufficient for him. The guy at my local PC store said I need 700 watts, I asked him why? I'm not going to SLI, and i'm not going to OC. He can't give me a clear explanation, he just insisted on it. Can you guys help me out? Thanks. :)

impreza0109

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
Oh, I forgot to mention, I live overseas, so my only options would be the Antec VP550P, EA500 Platinum, Seasonic S and M2II's, Corsair VX and CX 500s, and some Cooler Master Silent Pros and Thermaltake PSUs. Prices @ newegg, ncix, or any other stores in the US won't apply to me, but thanks for mentioning them. :)

JOHNN93

Honorable
your system doesen't require more than 400 watt tpd on super extreme power consumtion i added more watt when calculating just incase.
dont go with more than 550.
he did nothave a clear explanation because a good 700 watt costs nearly twice the money than a 500 watt.and he is probbly unexpirienced.your friend sudgested good ;)

TRENDING THREADS