How much RAM can I add?

oliver911turbo

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017
My dad has a PC with Intel Core 2 Duo and Gigabyte GA-945PLM-S2 motherboard with 2 gb of RAM and he wants to play World of Warships but it runs slow and his PC crashes. How much is max memory he can add(Processor is 64 bits and user guide says that 2 gb of ram is maximum)

Solution
Ok so minimum amount of VRam for gpu on that game is 512mb so your good for minimum on that game. So I think all you need if your just playing that game at minimum settings is upgrade the cpu.

Nerdy Nerd

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
Well the user guide is right as I looked at the manufacturers website about that board and it said 2gb max also. So get a new board if you want higher than 2 gb of ram. However, the requirements for this game is:

Processor (CPU): Intel Core i3 mobile, Intel Core2Quad or AMD FX 4100+
RAM: 2 GB.
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT8800 , Intel HD 4000 or AMD 4650+
Sound card: compatible with DirectX 9.0c.
Free HDD space: 30 GB.
Internet connection: 1024 Kb/s or better.

So I would not be worried about ram but rather your processor and possibly the gpu. Your processors is good except the quad part so that means you have 2 cores when you need a 4 core processor. Also what is your gpu?

Nerdy Nerd

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
Ok so minimum amount of VRam for gpu on that game is 512mb so your good for minimum on that game. So I think all you need if your just playing that game at minimum settings is upgrade the cpu.

Solution