Question How much should I increase the voltage being sent to my Ryzen 5 3600X without frying it?

Klimcz05

Prominent
Nov 16, 2018
So I tried overclocking my Ryzen 5 3600X to 4.5GHz thinking that I'm smart and I know everything. Turns out I'm not and I started having power related issues with the computer. When I checked the voltage reading I was sitting at 1.1 volts, and online I saw that 1.4 volts was about normal for overclocking. I just don't want to touch it without knowing if it's fine or not. Right now I have it sitting at 1.1V at 4.0GHz. The reason why I am overclocking it is so that I have fast core performance while running VR since my last CPU slacked off on the job.

Useful spec information:
PSU: EVGA 750GQ
MB: Asus X570 Prime P
GPU: GTX 1080
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo Black Edition

So I tried overclocking my Ryzen 5 3600X to 4.5GHz thinking that I'm smart and I know everything. Turns out I'm not and I started having power related issues with the computer. When I checked the voltage reading I was sitting at 1.1 volts, and online I saw that 1.4 volts was about normal for overclocking. I just don't want to touch it without knowing if it's fine or not. Right now I have it sitting at 1.1V at 4.0GHz. The reason why I am overclocking it is so that I have fast core performance while running VR since my last CPU slacked off on the job.

Useful spec information:
PSU: EVGA 750GQ
MB: Asus X570 Prime P
GPU: GTX 1080
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo Black Edition
I doubt that cooler would let you anywhere close to 1.4v which would be tolerable with some much better cooler. Temperature is what you have to worry about.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS