[SOLVED] How much should I increase the voltage being sent to my Ryzen 5 3600X without frying it?

Klimcz05

Prominent
Nov 16, 2018
So I tried overclocking my Ryzen 5 3600X to 4.5GHz thinking that I'm smart and I know everything. Turns out I'm not and I started having power related issues with the computer. When I checked the voltage reading I was sitting at 1.1 volts, and online I saw that 1.4 volts was about normal for overclocking. I just don't want to touch it without knowing if it's fine or not. Right now I have it sitting at 1.1V at 4.0GHz. The reason why I am overclocking it is so that I have fast core performance while running VR since my last CPU slacked off on the job.

Useful spec information:
PSU: EVGA 750GQ
MB: Asus X570 Prime P
GPU: GTX 1080
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo Black Edition

Solution
So I tried overclocking my Ryzen 5 3600X to 4.5GHz thinking that I'm smart and I know everything. Turns out I'm not and I started having power related issues with the computer. When I checked the voltage reading I was sitting at 1.1 volts, and online I saw that 1.4 volts was about normal for overclocking. I just don't want to touch it without knowing if it's fine or not. Right now I have it sitting at 1.1V at 4.0GHz. The reason why I am overclocking it is so that I have fast core performance while running VR since my last CPU slacked off on the job.

Useful spec information:
I doubt that cooler would let you anywhere close...

Useful spec information:
I doubt that cooler would let you anywhere close to 1.4v which would be tolerable with some much better cooler. Temperature is what you have to worry about.

Solution