Question How Much should I sell my laptop for?

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
I have a laptop but recently bought a desktop. I want to sell my laptop to get a new monitor because the one I’m using is an old tv that’s 720p (And my pc is way to good for that). That’s beside the point though, Here are my specs:

HP Notebook
intel core i5-6200u (2.8ghz dual core)
Integrated intel HD graphics (4gb)
8gb RAM (2133mhz)
1tb of storage (HDD)
A 14-15inch screen (1080p)
Built in camera, microphone, Bluetooth, and speakers
Windows 10
It’s in pretty good condition, might have a little dust on the keyboard and maybe a scratch on the case, but I think it held pretty well, I bought it in 2015.

I can’t find the this model anywhere I look! So I have nothing to compare the price to. I think I bought it for $350-$500. But if I look on google I find laptops that are similar enough but are $300-$500 used, I don’t think my laptop is worth that much. But maybe around $200, maybe a little more.
Thanks!

The danger of buying a laptop on a quick, informal sale, is that the laptop could be stolen.

I'm not saying that yours is, but that's the perception out there about laptops up for sale; so you are fighting that perception, and it will probably be a slow mover.

Like DS, my first instinct was to say $200.00 as well, but $150.00 is probably more in-line with what you will get for it.

I cannot find it, as I said, on any websites. I have no prices to compare it too!
Turn it over, there should be a model number and serial number on the back.

Sell it for all you can get.
Or... what a willing buyer will pay for it.

If you list it on ebay and the price is too high, nobody will buy it.
If you list it at the minimum you will take, you will get a competitive auction and a fair price.

TRENDING THREADS