Question How much SSD’s are optimum for an ASRock AMD DeskMini X300?

hd_scania

Commendable
Feb 17, 2021
I’m about to just plan for 2 × 1.82 TiB of 2 Samsung 970+ NVMe SSD’s, an 931GiB Samsung QVO 2.5’’ SSD, and an 894GiB Intel 2.5’’ SSD
My main use is including heavy retro gaming, heavy virts, slight to medium modern gaming, heavy wallpaper enlargements to 5K PNG ...
Regular YTube post-products, and medium revivals of rescued-to-be-revived video pieces whose individual avg size is about 3GiB
Under 64GB DDR4 RAM’s whose 16GB will be in use for APU Radeon, does the setting feels good?

Lutfij

Titan
The DeskMini X300 is a barebones kit, what sort of processor are you planning to pair with that motherboard in the barebones unit? As for your storage, you should be good to go as the motherboard has 2xPCIe 3.0x4 slots for NVMe's and the barebone unit will come with adapters for adding 2x2.5" drives. I'd advise on getting a DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kit.

Size the ssd devices according to how much space you think you will need in the next year or two.
I might think a single 2tb m.2 device for your C drive, and a 4tb Samsung QVO for bulk storage.
Then, later if you need to expand, you will have adapters ready.
And, do not chase synthetic sequential benchmark performance.
Most activity will be random and you will not notice any difference.
These professionals did not:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DKLA7w9eeA

hd_scania

Commendable
Feb 17, 2021
I have an another 16TB+ WD NAS (as my own serious server and the final bulk storge when new huge files aren’t per year increasing in whose gross size) for finally setting down much huge files i don’t that often use
And i also have 64GB DDR4 RAM’s and an AMD APU R4750G with whose gen of Zen2 Lucienne-G, 8C16T of CPU and 8 Compoute Units in Vega8-GCN of internal Radeon
I have fibre optics set for me by dad
The DeskMini X300 is a barebones kit, what sort of processor are you planning to pair with that motherboard in the barebones unit? As for your storage, you should be good to go as the motherboard has 2xPCIe 3.0x4 slots for NVMe's and the barebone unit will come with adapters for adding 2x2.5" drives. I'd advise on getting a DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kit.