How much TDP will an overclocked AMD Ryzen 2700x have?

Jun 27, 2018
I am willing to overclock an AMD Ryzen 2700x to 4.3Ghz. How much TDP will this CPU have after I overclock it? I would like to know so that I have a more informed choice as to what CPU cooler I am going to buy.

Solution
you will want at the very least a high end air cooler, usual suspects from cryorig, noctua, and phateks or similar. ideally you will want a 240-280 aio water cooler. 4.3ghz is still not a guarantee with any of these coolers.
Thermal Design Power 105 Watt

The Thermal Design Power (TDP) is the average maximum power a processor can dissipate while running commercially available software. TDP is primarily used as a guideline for manufacturers of thermal solutions (heatsinks/fans, etc) which tells them how much heat their solution should dissipate.

Measurement is done when the processor is operating at Base Frequency with all cores active. So for OC you would look for a cooling solution in excess of the rated TDP.

Ziga Stupar

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
For a cooler you cannot go wrong with noctua nh-d15 if you have room for it. If you read reviews oveclocking 2700X is not worth it XFR and Precision Boost do the job very well so manual OC will not provide enough performance increase to be worth it