how much temp is okay with gpu and cpu ??

Ashish_24

Reputable
Apr 4, 2016
okay guys can anyone be more clear about how much temp is safe ?? my cpu is i5 4690 and gpu is amd 470 4gb i have seen my cpu hitting around 55 and my gpu at 78 is this okay ?? or i need to worry or when i need to worry the software i used to get temp is speccy thanks in advance

When complaints arose with AMDs 2xx series about extreme temps, AMD responded rather emphatically that they were "just fine" with 95C. I have seen nothing since that says otherwise from an official standpoint. Personally, I don't get concerned till 80C and don't worry until I hit the throttling point. However at the power level of the 470, you'd be hard poressed to make that get hot enough to worry about.

t53186

Distinguished
Both are OK. 60 would be considered OK for a CPU under load. 80 would be OK for the gpu under load. Any higher is approaching the "time to get worried" threshold. Usually if your running fine and start creeping up it's either room air temp is higher or box is getting dirty.

Ashish_24

Reputable
Apr 4, 2016
thank you so much guys love u :)) one more doubt if i duplicate my screen like tv and monitor does it uses extra juice from gpu or extra processing any kind harm to graphic which can occur ????