[SOLVED] How much time I need to upload this?

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Have sucks bad upload speed where I live, it is 0.71 max, (yes not even 1Mbps) trying to upload at night, how much time do ı need to upload a 2GB video file to YouTube? Thank you

Solution
Wait a second, that website shows this when I write my upload speed (0.71Mbps)
to transfer 2 Gigabytes

at 86.67 KB/sec

do I need to write in kbps or mbps, is this correct information? In Kbps my upload speed is 0071,
This is what I entered:
hHcLhwb.jpg

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
2 GB is a very large file. I don't know your video, but I usually drop my game videos to 720p and lower the quality a bit, and then upload to Youtube. My Internet is faster than yours, but still time matters.

Yes but problem is YouTube applies some very heavy compression on the content uploaded, some people literally rendered their videos in 50.000.000 bitrate to reduce the compression effects on their videos, it breaks the quality like no other, its blurry and artifacts everywhere on my videos. I'm trying to find the sweet spot between file size and quality, and that is a pain.

Some people advised to upload in 1440p or 4K to get that "amazing" YouTube video codec called VP9 to improve the video quality after the upload, however in my case since my content already low on bitrate, it does not improve the quality.

I reduced my content to 9minutes max to reduce the file size but then again writing high amount of bitrate greatly increases the file size and takes like 2-3 nights to upload.

All of this stuff should have simple to understand and to do but nope Google had to make it complicated and time consuming,

USAFRet

Titan
Youtube adjusts, on the fly, the delivered resolution, depending on the recipients bandwidth.

For instance...if I am watching your video, and my connection is sloooow....youtube downgrades the resolution so as to provide a mostly seamless playback to me.

You can upload the bestest clearest 4k video. But if the person watching it has a poor connection...they don't see it.

Reactions: falcon291