How much UPS (VA) should i need for my System ?

shanchya

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Hello friends,
I would like to have your help regarding choosing an UPS for my system. Currently I am using TT TR2 600 Watt (80% Gold Certified) PSU for my system (using G1 GTX 970, Core i5 3470, 16GB RAM, 3 HDD, 1 Optical Drive and 5 LED Fans). Also my monitor is ASUS VX22 and very old Microlab 4:1 sound system.
Now I am very much confused when I went to market for purchasing an UPS. In my country brand UPSs are not very much available, and also very much costly.
The power rating in my country is 220V. I have tried the APC’s power calculator but not get the result.
So if you could suggest me how much power should I need for the UPS will be much appreciated. Please also note that I don’t need a huge power backup for my system. 15 to 20 minutes is perfect for me.
Sorry for my bad English.

Solution
I'd say something in the range of a 1000VA should be sufficient. Time is relative to the load at the time of power outage. I wouldn't expect the UPS to hold up for more than 10 minutes if you are gaming heavily. However it would probably stay powered on much longer than 20 minutes if it was just idling at the desktop or internet browsing.

If you need it to stay up for that long under heavy load, I'd consider 1300VA.

Kiril_Petkov

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016
Hello shanchya,

There is two kind of UPS on line (real UPS) and Line Interactive(OFF Line i dont recommend it). The price on the on line is much high. To have your system working for 15-20 min on UPS i recommend you 1000VA UPS (PowerWalker VFI 1000 C LCD, 1000VA/800W, On Line) something like this.

I'd say something in the range of a 1000VA should be sufficient. Time is relative to the load at the time of power outage. I wouldn't expect the UPS to hold up for more than 10 minutes if you are gaming heavily. However it would probably stay powered on much longer than 20 minutes if it was just idling at the desktop or internet browsing.

If you need it to stay up for that long under heavy load, I'd consider 1300VA.

Solution