[SOLVED] How much wattage do i need?

SophieTheMeh

Honorable
Feb 5, 2017
I was thinking of getting a 2070 super, specifically this one: https://www.newegg.ca/gigabyte-gefo...super&cm_re=2070_super-_-14-932-171-_-Product

it says i need 650 watts, does that stack? like would i need more than 650watts to power my entire system? how do the wattages work?

I need to buy a new power supply anyway so I just need to know what to get, I looked at LTT forums power supply tier list, and i got the model i want i just need to know the wattage to choose

Solution
Usually the manufacturer´s of GPUs are writing a really safe wattage, so even a really bad power supply could do the job.

The wattage of this GPU is about 215W (NVIDIA), so a good 650Watt power supply will suffice for sure. Even a good 550W would do, but the price difference is not that high. So 650W is about the sweet spot for now with a good price tag.
Usually the manufacturer´s of GPUs are writing a really safe wattage, so even a really bad power supply could do the job.

The wattage of this GPU is about 215W (NVIDIA), so a good 650Watt power supply will suffice for sure. Even a good 550W would do, but the price difference is not that high. So 650W is about the sweet spot for now with a good price tag.

Solution