How much wattage I need?

Jan 12, 2019
So I'm planning on building a gaming PC. I hope you can tell me if my power supply has enough power and if it is quality and how long is is gonna last.

My PSU: https://m.newegg.com/global/si-en/product/9SIA0ZX2ES8725

My components:
- MSI B450 Tomahawk
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600
- 16gb 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM
- Kingston 250gb SSD
- PowerColor RX 590.

I'm the most concerned about the GPU. On their site they claim that minimum system power required is 600w. I know PSUs degrade over time and lose their efficiency, so I'm wondering if this PSU is going to last or should I pick the RX 580?

Solution
That PSU is more than enough for that rig with an RX 590, now and in the future.

I'd question getting the 590 just because it typically doesn't provide enough extra performance over a 580 to justify the price. But if you found a good deal then sure.
Try this calculator out it. It usually is close enough although it only has the RX 580 but that should be close enough wattage wise. That link isn't working for me. You can get buy with a 500 watt PSU if its decent quality but honestly I would go with a 600-650 watt PSU if you are building everything else out new since the 590 is around a 300 watt card.

Jan 12, 2019
I haven't bought any of the parts yet, because I'm building a completly new system.

I know there is not much difference between the both cards, but the price difference is only like 10€ (I'm from Europe) plus I would get 1 additional game, which AMD offers as a gift if you buy any of this 2 cards, which I could sell for at least 30€ (so it's basically cheaper). Now I'm just worried if the PSU is going to last at least few years. I'm not planning on OC anything (maybe just CPU if i would dare) and I intend to play on 1080p at 60hz.

Yes that is plenty. How old is the PSU?

Just click the little reply to link at the bottom right of each post.

Jan 12, 2019

As said I haven't ordered any of the parts yet, and I'm gonna order everything new.. I'm just worried because on the internet site of the card it says that the minimum power system is 600w and PSUs degrade and stuff. Also I was using my phone and there is no reply to link :(

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
That PSU is more than enough for that rig with an RX 590, now and in the future.

I'd question getting the 590 just because it typically doesn't provide enough extra performance over a 580 to justify the price. But if you found a good deal then sure.

Solution