How much Watts do I need.

Nathan_116

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
Solution
GTX 1070 reg. 500W PSU one 8-pin connector.
This is more than enough to power your machine.
Now this with some modification:

The power consumption of a graphics card is the sum of two powers:
the PCI-Express X16 power: up to 75W
PCI-Express power supply connectors:
up to 75W for the 6-pin version
up to 150W for the 8-pin version
So the max theoretical power consumption of a card can’t exceed 75+75+150 = 300W.

However follow SR-71 Blackbirds recommendation, it will give you some more room for future upgrades.

Best regards from Sweden

Nathan_116

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain! I understand a little better now it helps a lot! Thanks

Nothing jumps out as being a bad choice. Nice large SSD, WD Black with 5 year warranty. See the note at the bottom of PC Partpicker about one SATA Port being disabled when the M2 SSD is installed. Not a problem, just figure out which SATA port is disabled and don't try to use it.

Nathan_116

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017

Awesome! I actually got help from people on here deciding what parts to get ! So im glad to see they are reliable

Nathan_116

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017

Awesome thanks! And yeah i was confused I have no clue what that is still, will it be an issue? and what is a "SATA port" and what if I do/don't use it?

A SATA port on your motherboard is where you will connect a SSD, HDD or DVD drive. Your motherboard manual should specify which SATA port will be disabled when you connect the M.2 SSD. If it doesn't specify, just try different sata ports to connect the storage drives/dvd drives, and make your self a note of this issue so you don't freak out if a HDD isn't recognized when you first try to boot up and a drive isn't recognized.

Nathan_116

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017

Thanks that helped. I will need to remember this so that way I dont go insane if it doesn't work, as you stated.