How much would I get for a Asus 980 STRIX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robzdoom

Reputable
May 6, 2015
The video card is brand new and still sealed. I went to Microcenter to go purchase the card and I live really far from there so I would rather just sell it online. What do you think will be a reasonable price for a brand new 980 Strix?

Solution
If u want a quick sell about $450, or else I would say $500 isnt bad, even tho its new, and most likely not used? people would rather go buy a new card obviously than a used one even if it is new and unused. There currently going for about $545-560 and I think anything around $525 and someone would go buy one new. At least for me that $25-30 difference isnt alot of savings when spending $500 on a gpu. If u post to craigslist or something I would start at like $530 or $540 and look to take about $500-515
If u want a quick sell about $450, or else I would say $500 isnt bad, even tho its new, and most likely not used? people would rather go buy a new card obviously than a used one even if it is new and unused. There currently going for about $545-560 and I think anything around $525 and someone would go buy one new. At least for me that $25-30 difference isnt alot of savings when spending $500 on a gpu. If u post to craigslist or something I would start at like $530 or $540 and look to take about $500-515

Solution

Robzdoom

Reputable
May 6, 2015
The card is brand new and I have not even opened the seal. But Yea i know what you mean. If I could get 500 for it Id be content with the sale.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011

I understand that I'm just mentioning it. Purchasing from a store like Newegg is always going to be preferable to purchasing from an individual. Being plastic wrapped doesn't mean much, my best friend has a plastic sealer and it didn't cost much. It can't do huge items but a GPU box would be no problem.
Certainly start higher and if it doesn't sell you can always lower your price. If your in a rush then do as a previous poster suggested and low ball it.
I personally wouldn't buy Asus at all as I have found them prone to defects and failures due to poor quality components. That's purely my experience though.

Status
Not open for further replies.