[SOLVED] How much would my pc go for?

Aug 27, 2020
Hello,

I was thinking of upgrading my pc and figured that it would be cheaper to sell my current one and buy a freshly built one.

I bought my pc in November of 2018 and it's been working perfectly fine since with no issues whats so ever.

These are the specs of the pc.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 @ 2.80GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (Not sure what brand but it's got 1 fan if that helps)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING II (LGA1151)
PSU: Corsair 550W CV-Series
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 2x8 3000mhz
HDD: 1TB Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 (SATA )
SSD: 238GB ADATA SU800NS38 (SATA)
Case: PCS SR-628B RGB GAMING CASE

If anyone could sum up a price even if its an estimate it would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Hey richie,

Thanks for the reply but i had a few more questions with your reply,

A very quick question is what does IMO mean?

and this isn't much of a question but another reason I was thinking of selling my pc was because I was thinking of upgrading to an AMD CPU as they are alot cheaper and seem to be getting better and better.

I was thinking of upgrading to a Ryzen 5 3600XT, GTX 1660 Super, Uprade the PSU to a 650W like you said, but then i also wanted to upgrade to a 2tb hard drive and a 512gb ssd, and forgot to add the motherboard which is a ASUS GAMING TUF B550 PLUS

With the same RAM I found a site which could get this pc for around 1100 euros which if i could sell my current pc for 500-700 that would be amazing but I...
That's still a good computer and IMO its not worth selling to "upgrade" to something better.

I would just upgrade to a i7 8700K or a 9th gen (with any BIOS update required while you still have the 8400 installed) and then get a GPU like the 1660 Super or RTX2060.

Or if you want to go with a stronger graphics card I would suggest upgrading to a better quality 650 watt PSU (Tier A https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-tier-list-psucultists.3624094/ ) and then you could go for something like a RX5700XT, RTX 2070 Super or RTX2080 Super.

Aug 27, 2020
That's still a good computer and IMO its not worth selling to "upgrade" to something better.

I would just upgrade to a i7 8700K or a 9th gen (with any BIOS update required while you still have the 8400 installed) and then get a GPU like the 1660 Super or RTX2060.

Or if you want to go with a stronger graphics card I would suggest upgrading to a better quality 650 watt PSU (Tier A https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-tier-list-psucultists.3624094/ ) and then you could go for something like a RX5700XT, RTX 2070 Super or RTX2080 Super.
Hey richie,

and this isn't much of a question but another reason I was thinking of selling my pc was because I was thinking of upgrading to an AMD CPU as they are alot cheaper and seem to be getting better and better.

I was thinking of upgrading to a Ryzen 5 3600XT, GTX 1660 Super, Uprade the PSU to a 650W like you said, but then i also wanted to upgrade to a 2tb hard drive and a 512gb ssd, and forgot to add the motherboard which is a ASUS GAMING TUF B550 PLUS

With the same RAM I found a site which could get this pc for around 1100 euros which if i could sell my current pc for 500-700 that would be amazing but I doubt it would get near the 700 area but even 600 would be fine for me but I thought maybe I'd be wrong so I'd ask for some advice.

Hey richie,

With the same RAM I found a site which could get this pc for around 1100 euros which if i could sell my current pc for 500-700 that would be amazing but I doubt it would get near the 700 area but even 600 would be fine for me but I thought maybe I'd be wrong so I'd ask for some advice.

The 3600XT is comparable to the CPU you already have and it wouldn't be much of an upgrade and IMO a waste of money, you would need to get something like a 3700X or 3900X for it to be a worthwhile CPU upgrade. While the Ryzen platform is cheaper you already have a strong Intel platform that can simply be upgraded, and going to a i7 would be a good CPU path for you.

Solution