[SOLVED] how my 1070 8gb gets less fps than 10603gb

Aug 4, 2019
I recently got new pc. similar setup as my friend, only that i have 1070 8GB and he has 1060 3GB. But in battlefield i get less fps. same 16 GB of ram, same cpu I7-6700k, what i have watercooled. what should i do or where i can find whats causing that.
in game i have similar fps settings so most of them are sett on low.

Solution
ok but i have4 Kingston 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 CL15 HyperX Fury and i think this should be ok RAM, at least this should not be bottleneck for pc power. or i am wrong ?
A pc with 3000-3200MHz will see FPS gains in some games over the same system with 2400MHz. You still haven’t said if your friend has overclocked his cpu? That can make a big difference in a game like BF1.

Not completely true but you can think of it like this, the cpu and RAM determines the best FPS you can achieve. The GPU determines at what resolution and game settings you can achieve that FPS at.

If you start increasing game settings do you still get the same FPS?
Aug 4, 2019
What FPS are you getting and at what resolution? Are both systems using the same resolution?

Has your friend overclocked his cpu? Are you running the same EAM speed? Are you both using the latest NVidia driver?

I am geting like 70-100 fps soetimes up to 120 depends form map. I am playing full hd so 1920x1080. No clocking, about EAM speed i dont know. atleast i have latest nvidia drivers
And game is installed on Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018
I recently got new pc. similar setup as my friend, only that i have 1070 8GB and he has 1060 3GB. But in battlefield i get less fps. same 16 GB of ram, same cpu I7-6700k, what i have watercooled. what should i do or where i can find whats causing that.
in game i have similar fps settings so most of them are sett on low.
Maybe your friend have lower graphic settings than you?

Aug 4, 2019
Sorry that was a typo, I meant RAM speed. If your friend is overclocking his cpu or his RAM is faster that can have a significant effect.
ok but i have4 Kingston 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 CL15 HyperX Fury and i think this should be ok RAM, at least this should not be bottleneck for pc power. or i am wrong ?

A pc with 3000-3200MHz will see FPS gains in some games over the same system with 2400MHz. You still haven’t said if your friend has overclocked his cpu? That can make a big difference in a game like BF1.

Not completely true but you can think of it like this, the cpu and RAM determines the best FPS you can achieve. The GPU determines at what resolution and game settings you can achieve that FPS at.

Solution
Aug 4, 2019

actually i told that my friend didn´t clock his cpu and he has slower RAM allso.

if i but game settings all ultra then i get 60fps average so not that much lower. its interesting how they did but RAM in my pc over one slot. and allso i cant use dimm A1 slot because of water cooling system on cpu, but programs show that i have 16 Gb of RAM. RAM is at the moment on DIMM-A2 and DIMM-B2.