[SOLVED] How often do I have to clean my GPU?

Solution
Just before it needs it. There's no real formula for times, if the pc stays relatively dust free for a year, then it's a once a year thing. If the pc looks like the inside of a grave after 2 months, you'll want to get the whole pc cleaned every month.

If you treat it as preventative maintenance, that's generally the best bet. How often being determined not by use, but by dust build-up frequency.

My pc sat near the floor (carpet) so it got pretty dusty requiring a 3 month (ish) blowout and a once a year total detox. Since moving, the pc is now off the floor by a good 3ft (hardwood floor) and I've not touched it in 5 months, no need.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Just before it needs it. There's no real formula for times, if the pc stays relatively dust free for a year, then it's a once a year thing. If the pc looks like the inside of a grave after 2 months, you'll want to get the whole pc cleaned every month.

If you treat it as preventative maintenance, that's generally the best bet. How often being determined not by use, but by dust build-up frequency.

My pc sat near the floor (carpet) so it got pretty dusty requiring a 3 month (ish) blowout and a once a year total detox. Since moving, the pc is now off the floor by a good 3ft (hardwood floor) and I've not touched it in 5 months, no need.

Solution