How often is a (from Amazon for ex.) GPU (from reknown brands like EVGA, MSI, GIGABYTE) found faulty or DOA?

facusml16

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018
Well, just what's written up there.
I want to buy one, considering that due to where I live will be too expensive to ship it out in case it's faulty and I need to get on touch with the warranty service (shipping it out will be of more or less 100USD), so I won't ship it out, taking that in consideration, I wanna know how often are said GPUs found faulty if not DOA.

Solution

Hundreds (thousands?) of PC related items from Amazon, Newegg, and elsewhere over the years...exactly 1 DOA item.
It was a UPS. They gave me a full refund the same day as delivery.

XxDarkMarioxX

Respectable
Dec 25, 2016
No matter where you shop things can be faulty and amazon is safe to buy from and if its faulty they will pay for the postage to return it!. Check the reviews before buying that will tell you enough information because if things are faulty they will have bad reviews!

facusml16

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018
I want to make it clear, I'm aware of something like "Wherever you buy, there will always be some defects" or something like, I'm looking for actual experiences (people who bought and if everything went fine, or not), something like that.

USAFRet

Titan

Hundreds (thousands?) of PC related items from Amazon, Newegg, and elsewhere over the years...exactly 1 DOA item.
It was a UPS. They gave me a full refund the same day as delivery.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Individual experiences just gets you anecdotes, not real data.