Question How or what to look for monitor that allows for switching ports via keyboard/mouse?

CharlieLo

Commendable
Feb 15, 2020
I'm looking for monitors that have the capability to switch between different ports via keyboard/mouse. At the moment, I'm looking at Dell monitors but it's not limited to Dell brand only. I like to know what to look for when shopping for monitors with this capability.

Thank you.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
This topic is new to me so apologies first if im not helping much. I believe you're looking for monitor with ddc/ci support which i think a lot do, and then find software that allows you to control monitor osd settings.

Here explains about ddc/ci.

Maybe contact monitor manufacturers, ie Dell, inquiring about such a feature (ddc/ci) and which models offer it and if they also support consumer software you could use instead of universal software.

Guess, now the problem i see is because software is required on pc to manipulate monitor, once you change input to say a console, unless software has some sort of macro/quick key setup to change inputs back to pc youll be forced to use monitor buttons.

Maybe Hdmi/Displayport switcher be another avenue you could chase.