• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

[SOLVED] How powerful is the GTX 770 these days?

exploding_psu

Commendable
Jul 17, 2018
This is something that I've been thinking about lately. How powerful is it relative to modern cards (Pascal, Polaris)? I know it's old and not exactly a power saver, but if we look purely at the performance figures where would it be? What about it's brethren GTX 760?

I don't know this really just something that crossed my mind.

King_V

Distinguished
I'm suspicious of that chart only because it shows the 3GB GTX 1060 being so close in performance to the 6GB GTX 1060.

There are a few games where the 3GB VRAM of the former totally tanks the performance, to the point where the 4GB 1050Ti equals it or slightly surpasses it. It's only in a few games, but still....

I had the 4GB version of the 770 from gigabyte and it did a good job even in modern games. But this is dependent on your feeling. I could play @30fps in some games and in others @40 to 80 @medium to high and it was ok for me. If someone can´t spend that much money for a better GPU and has this one already installed in the system, it would run almost all games at an acceptable framerate @1080p.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS