How reliable is Driver Booster 6 from IOBIT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Since its hard to find new drivers for some motherboard, or even on Support page are still outdated few years as IOBIT reports, is that true or not?
Is it even worth it using IOBIT? Is there any other similar software that is more reliable than it?

Solution
DB is dangerous, it can and will install the wrong drivers for hardware... It did that twice on my previous install and I lost all sound on one attempt. Its only upside is it creates a system restore point before making any changes.

Only use it if you haven't got a choice, and careful what it wants to install. I would use them as suggestions only and try to find a better source.

Normally best choice is use any driver software that comes from maker of hardware, like MSI Live update 6 or Asrock App Store as they look for legit drivers for their hardware.

What hardware are you trying to find drivers for?

Colif

Win 11 Master
DB is dangerous, it can and will install the wrong drivers for hardware... It did that twice on my previous install and I lost all sound on one attempt. Its only upside is it creates a system restore point before making any changes.

Only use it if you haven't got a choice, and careful what it wants to install. I would use them as suggestions only and try to find a better source.

Normally best choice is use any driver software that comes from maker of hardware, like MSI Live update 6 or Asrock App Store as they look for legit drivers for their hardware.

What hardware are you trying to find drivers for?

Solution
Motherboard is Asus Maximus Hero VII,
Issues;
-Realtek Audio driver install, wont install the Asus Sonic suite 3, or if it installs the microphone goes black, recognized, wont recognize voice, soo basicly no "Green bars" moving, but works with stock Microsoft drivers, but it gives me hissing.
Also I think the Headphones amp is stuck to Boost 3 (The highest boost).
-Asus AI suite, works sometimes, sometimes gives errors, sometimes it wont even open.

Windows is fresh from Reset before swapping motherboard, soo no fresh install, since it will take me quite a while to get all the updates of the "Crap" internet that i have.

No crash issues, BS or similar.

To add, all ready removed all old unused drivers from device manager.

Which latest Windows update?
Windows 10 or Windows 7 or 8?

Again as I said above, try this...

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-reinstall-the-realtek-hd-audio-codec-driver

Windows 10 ofc. But I don't wanna stock realtek control panel over the what Asus provides me, I've done that way via Device manager few times allready.

Status
Not open for further replies.