Question How screwed am I due to water damage?

lordphone

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
Hello! Long time lurker here.

Recently made a trip overseas, and made the foolish decision to check-in my SFF PC build, a Louqe Ghost S1.
Once I took it out the suitcase at my destination, the PC was basically covered in small water droplets, very wet (Probably due to the low transportation temperature and the weather over here). I trie2d to dry it out and plug in everything but the PC isn't booting up. The standby power LED on my motherboard is lit, but pressing the power button/shorting the power pins does not boot the PC (No click sound, no other LED lighting up).

Everything has not been touched since the transportation and worked fine before it got on the plane.

I was wondering if it is still worth trying to troubleshoot my PC or it is obviously screwed over? Is there anything left that might function?
Am I better off starting a new build, or should I follow some special way to troubleshoot this soaked PC? Or following a normal troubleshooting process workes as well?

My Build:
Corsair SF600 Gold
Ryzen 2700x
X470-I Motherboard
Corsair LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz C16 DDR4 DRAM
Noctua L12 Cooler.

Thank you all for the help in advanced.

I'd break it all down to bench test, allow it to dry for about a day, and then use normal troubleshooting procedures.

Does the PSU fan come on when you power on? Any other fans? Nothing? Paper clip test the PSU?

Bench testing is your best option.