[SOLVED] How sensitive is a motherboard?

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Specs: i9 10850k
Msi mpg z490 gaming plus 4x 8gb 3200mhz
Lian li galahad aio
Crucial mx 500 500gb ssd
Super flower leadex III 80 plus gold 850w psuOk so when i got my motherboard at first i took it out of packing and my fingers were touching the back part too… but at the time i was waiting on my powersupply and ram. When the ram and psu came i decided to start building my pc but stopped after i put the ram sticks and the cpu in the socket. So the plastic piece popped off at that point. Didnt put my cooler on just yet so i undid everything and a few days go by and had the confidence to put it together, the only issue i have is cables (fan cables and ssd cables etc.. but at that point i had everything put together, cpu and cpu cooler with thermal paste, my ram and all 5 fans. Then ig came to the cables from the fans and 3 of the fans were rgb so they had a second cable so i kinda guessed and put eveything where it said system fans, rainbow jrainbow then finally put the powersupply cords on the mobo and for the cpu. Pressed the powerbutton and nothing, the only thing that lit up was the powerbutton. I WILL say i was clumsy with the screwdriver when screwing in the screws for the motherboard and i kept dropping the screwdriver on the mobo…. Like i said when i was touching the back of the mobo also touching pins on the motherboard when plugging in fans etc… i did swap out the rgb fans that came with my aio liquid cooler, bcz i mounted it in the front and i wouldnt see the rgb fans so i used the case fans for the radiator. Like i said i guessed the cables and where to put them but didn’t force it if it wouldn’t fit on the motherboard. But yea nothing worked but the powerbutton. Do you guys think it is my mobo…? And is my other components ruined from that??? What should i do… would i be able to get help or send pictures step by step on where to put where…?

Solution
Disconnect all non-essential stuff and make sure that what is left (CPU, motherboard, RAM, GPU if the CPU has no IGP) is connected correctly including the ATX12V/EPS12 cable for the CPU and PCIe AUX for the GPU if applicable.

If your motherboard's IO shield is of the old-school snaps-in-case type instead of permanently attached to the motherboard, make sure ground fingers aren't stuck inside connectors.
So the plastic piece popped off at that point.
What plastic ?

I WILL say i was clumsy with the screwdriver when screwing in the screws for the motherboard and i kept dropping the screwdriver on the mobo
That's bad for the mobo.

Like i said when i was touching the back of the mobo also touching pins on the motherboard when plugging in fans etc
Also very bad for the mobo. Did you use an antistatic hand wrist?

And is my other components ruined from that?
Depends on how you handled the other components.

What should i do…
Try to disconnect everything except CPU, RAM and power - see if it's able to start then.

InvalidError

Titan
Disconnect all non-essential stuff and make sure that what is left (CPU, motherboard, RAM, GPU if the CPU has no IGP) is connected correctly including the ATX12V/EPS12 cable for the CPU and PCIe AUX for the GPU if applicable.

If your motherboard's IO shield is of the old-school snaps-in-case type instead of permanently attached to the motherboard, make sure ground fingers aren't stuck inside connectors.

Solution