How should I change my PSU?

xAAxInsanity

Reputable
May 31, 2015
My current PSU is an alpine 600w JSP-600P12N. I am going to buy a new PSU such as a corsair 600w builder series but could someone look up an image of my current PSU and tell me if I should just pull out the wires from it, take off the cover or any other suggestions as I do not want to do anything wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
You cut off the PC, unplug the PC, the cables are simple they only go one way.
Unplug the power cables to the motherboard (2) unplug the power cables to the drives, and video card.
Remove the back screws on the power supply (4)
Remove the power supply and install the new one , connect the cables back where you unplugged them.

IAmTheTofu

Honorable
Sep 20, 2014
How you change the psu? You just disconnect all of the cables connected to your comp. But try to remember (have a sheet of paper & pencil) of what cords you pull out. Before you pull out all the cables, make sure your power cord is out, and there is no remaining electricity (do this by holding the power button for a few secs). Then start gently pulling out your cords and taking notes on them. Then reconnect them with the new PSU.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
You cut off the PC, unplug the PC, the cables are simple they only go one way.
Unplug the power cables to the motherboard (2) unplug the power cables to the drives, and video card.
Remove the back screws on the power supply (4)
Remove the power supply and install the new one , connect the cables back where you unplugged them.

Solution